+45 40 170 970
Metalocking of cast iron is a well approved method since 1938. This method has solved a lot of machine frames, pumps, presses and engines from scrapping. There is no heat strain in the metalock process.
PDF Information sheet: Metalock Repair
1. Using a drill jig, rows of blind holes are drilled perpendicular
to the direction of the crack, each row to act as a key.
2. The intermediate partitions are removed with pneumatic chisel.
3. Metalock keys are driven into the openings and caulked.
4. Holes for Metalock screws are drilled along the crack
between the keys.
5. The screws are fitted so close together that they overlap.
6. Finally, the entire installation is caulked to ensure stability and pressure tightness.